Pocahontas County, West Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Pocahontas County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Pocahontas County, West Virginia. You can contact the Pocahontas County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Pocahontas County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Pocahontas County Assessor's Office is located in Marlinton, West Virginia.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Pocahontas County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Pocahontas County Information
Pocahontas County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Pocahontas County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Pocahontas County Tax Appraiser.
- The Pocahontas County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Pocahontas County.
- The Pocahontas County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Pocahontas County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Pocahontas County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Pocahontas County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Pocahontas County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 304-799-4750. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Marlinton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352