Ohio County, West Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Ohio County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ohio County, West Virginia. You can contact the Ohio County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Ohio County property tax due date
1500 Chapline StThe Ohio County Assessor's Office is located in Wheeling, West Virginia. Wheeling is the county seat of Ohio County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the City Ohio County Building, at 1500 Chapline Street.
Ohio County Assessor Contact Information
Ohio County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ohio County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ohio County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ohio County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ohio County.
- The Ohio County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ohio County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ohio County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ohio County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ohio County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 304-234-3626. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Ohio County assessor's office at 304-232-0293. Please call the assessor's office in Wheeling before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City Ohio County Building at 304-234-3628.