Mingo County, West Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Mingo County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Mingo County, West Virginia. You can contact the Mingo County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Mingo County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
PO BOX 1197The Mingo County Assessor's Office is located in Williamson, West Virginia. Williamson is the county seat of Mingo County, where most local government offices are located.
Mingo County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Mingo County Information
Mingo County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Mingo County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Mingo County Tax Appraiser.
- The Mingo County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Mingo County.
- The Mingo County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Mingo County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Mingo County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Mingo County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Mingo County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 304-235-0310. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Mingo County assessor's office at 304-235-0424. Please call the assessor's office in Williamson before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mingo County government at 304-235-0378.