Marshall County, West Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Marshall County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Marshall County, West Virginia. You can contact the Marshall County Assessor for:
- Checking the Marshall County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX BThe Marshall County Assessor's Office is located in the Marshall County Courthouse in Moundsville, West Virginia. Moundsville is the county seat of Marshall County, where most local government offices are located.
Marshall County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Marshall County Information
Marshall County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Marshall County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Marshall County Tax Appraiser.
- The Marshall County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Marshall County.
- The Marshall County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Marshall County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Marshall County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Marshall County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Marshall County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 304-845-1220. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Marshall County assessor's office at 304-845-5891. Please call the assessor's office in Moundsville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Marshall County Courthouse at 304-845-0482.