Hancock County, West Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Hancock County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hancock County, West Virginia. You can contact the Hancock County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Hancock County property tax due date
PO BOX 485The Hancock County Assessor's Office is located in New Cumberland, West Virginia. New Cumberland is the county seat of Hancock County, where most local government offices are located.
Hancock County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hancock County Information
Hancock County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hancock County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hancock County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hancock County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hancock County.
- The Hancock County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hancock County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hancock County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hancock County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hancock County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 304-564-3311. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hancock County assessor's office at 304-564-3415. Please call the assessor's office in New Cumberland before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hancock County Courthouse at 304-564-3311.