Greenbrier County, West Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Greenbrier County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Greenbrier County, West Virginia. You can contact the Greenbrier County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Greenbrier County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Greenbrier County Assessor's Office is located in Lewisburg, West Virginia.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Greenbrier County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Greenbrier County Information
Greenbrier County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Greenbrier County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Greenbrier County Tax Appraiser.
- The Greenbrier County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Greenbrier County.
- The Greenbrier County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Greenbrier County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Greenbrier County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Greenbrier County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Greenbrier County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 304-647-6615. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Greenbrier County assessor's office at 304-647-6667. Please call the assessor's office in Lewisburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352