Braxton County, West Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Braxton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Braxton County, West Virginia. You can contact the Braxton County Assessor for:
- Checking the Braxton County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
PO BOX 486The Braxton County Assessor's Office is located in Sutton, West Virginia. Sutton is the county seat of Braxton County, where most local government offices are located.
Braxton County Assessor Contact Information
Braxton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Braxton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Braxton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Braxton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Braxton County.
- The Braxton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Braxton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Braxton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Braxton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Braxton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 304-765-2805. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Braxton County assessor's office at 304-765-2093. Please call the assessor's office in Sutton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Braxton County Courthouse at 304-765-2835.