Berkeley County, West Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Berkeley County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Berkeley County, West Virginia. You can contact the Berkeley County Assessor for:
- Checking the Berkeley County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Berkeley County Assessor's Office is located in Martinsburg, West Virginia.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Berkeley County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Berkeley County Information
Berkeley County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Berkeley County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Berkeley County Tax Appraiser.
- The Berkeley County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Berkeley County.
- The Berkeley County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Berkeley County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Berkeley County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Berkeley County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Berkeley County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 304-264-1904. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Martinsburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352