Yakima County, Washington - Assessor's Office
The Yakima County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Yakima County, Washington. You can contact the Yakima County Assessor for:
- Checking the Yakima County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
128 N 2nd Street, CourthouseThe Yakima County Assessor's Office is located in Yakima, Washington. Yakima is the county seat of Yakima County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Yakima County Courthouse, at 128 North 2nd Street.
Yakima County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Yakima County Information
Yakima County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Yakima County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Yakima County Tax Appraiser.
- The Yakima County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Yakima County.
- The Yakima County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Yakima County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Yakima County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Yakima County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Yakima County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 509-574-1100. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Yakima before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Yakima County Courthouse at 509-574-1500.