Stevens County, Washington - Assessor's Office
The Stevens County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Stevens County, Washington. You can contact the Stevens County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Stevens County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
215 S Oak St Rm 214The Stevens County Assessor's Office is located in Colville, Washington. Colville is the county seat of Stevens County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Stevens County Courthouse, at 215 South Oak Street.
Stevens County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Stevens County Information
Stevens County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Stevens County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Stevens County Tax Appraiser.
- The Stevens County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Stevens County.
- The Stevens County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Stevens County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Stevens County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Stevens County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Stevens County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 509-684-6161. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Stevens County assessor's office at 509-684-7580. Please call the assessor's office in Colville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Stevens County Courthouse at 509-684-3751.