Spokane County, Washington - Assessor's Office
The Spokane County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Spokane County, Washington. You can contact the Spokane County Assessor for:
- Checking the Spokane County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
1116 W Broadway AveThe Spokane County Assessor's Office is located in Spokane, Washington. Spokane is the county seat of Spokane County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Spokane County Courthouse, at 1116 West Broadway.
Spokane County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Spokane County Information
Spokane County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Spokane County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Spokane County Tax Appraiser.
- The Spokane County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Spokane County.
- The Spokane County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Spokane County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Spokane County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Spokane County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Spokane County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 509-477-3698. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Spokane before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Spokane County Courthouse at 509-477-2265.