Snohomish County, Washington - Assessor's Office
The Snohomish County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Snohomish County, Washington. You can contact the Snohomish County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Snohomish County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
5006 239th PL SWThe Snohomish County Assessor's Office is located in Everett, Washington. Everett is the county seat of Snohomish County, where most local government offices are located.
Snohomish County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Snohomish County Information
Snohomish County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Snohomish County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Snohomish County Tax Appraiser.
- The Snohomish County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Snohomish County.
- The Snohomish County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Snohomish County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Snohomish County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Snohomish County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Snohomish County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 425-388-3433. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Everett before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Snohomish County government at 425-388-3494.