San Juan County, Washington - Assessor's Office
The San Juan County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in San Juan County, Washington. You can contact the San Juan County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the San Juan County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
350 Court StreetThe San Juan County Assessor's Office is located in Friday Harbor, Washington. Friday Harbor is the county seat of San Juan County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the San Juan County Courthouse, at 350 Court Street.
San Juan County Assessor Contact Information
Additional San Juan County Information
San Juan County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the San Juan County Tax Assessor may also serve as the San Juan County Tax Appraiser.
- The San Juan County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in San Juan County.
- The San Juan County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The San Juan County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in San Juan County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting San Juan County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the San Juan County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 360-378-2172. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Friday Harbor before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the San Juan County Courthouse at 360-378-2898.