Pierce County, Washington - Assessor's Office
The Pierce County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Pierce County, Washington. You can contact the Pierce County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Pierce County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
930 Tacoma Ave S Rm 1046The Pierce County Assessor's Office is located in Tacoma, Washington. Tacoma is the county seat of Pierce County, where most local government offices are located.
Pierce County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Pierce County Information
Pierce County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Pierce County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Pierce County Tax Appraiser.
- The Pierce County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Pierce County.
- The Pierce County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Pierce County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Pierce County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Pierce County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Pierce County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 253-798-6111. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Tacoma before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Pierce County City Building at 253-798-7777.