Pend Oreille County, Washington - Assessor's Office
The Pend Oreille County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Pend Oreille County, Washington. You can contact the Pend Oreille County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Pend Oreille County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
625 W 4th StreetThe Pend Oreille County Assessor's Office is located in Newport, Washington. Newport is the county seat of Pend Oreille County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Pend Oreille County Courthouse, at 625 West 4th Street.
Pend Oreille County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Pend Oreille County Information
Pend Oreille County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Pend Oreille County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Pend Oreille County Tax Appraiser.
- The Pend Oreille County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Pend Oreille County.
- The Pend Oreille County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Pend Oreille County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Pend Oreille County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Pend Oreille County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Pend Oreille County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 509-447-4312. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Pend Oreille County assessor's office at 509-447-0318. Please call the assessor's office in Newport before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Pend Oreille County Courthouse at 509-447-4119.