Lewis County, Washington - Assessor's Office
The Lewis County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lewis County, Washington. You can contact the Lewis County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Lewis County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
360 Nw North StThe Lewis County Assessor's Office is located in Chehalis, Washington. Chehalis is the county seat of Lewis County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Lewis County Courthouse, at 360 NW North Street, MS-ASR01.
Lewis County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lewis County Information
Lewis County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lewis County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lewis County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lewis County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lewis County.
- The Lewis County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lewis County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lewis County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lewis County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lewis County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 360-740-1392. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Chehalis before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lewis County Courthouse at 360-740-1120.