Kitsap County, Washington - Assessor's Office
The Kitsap County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kitsap County, Washington. You can contact the Kitsap County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Kitsap County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
614 Division StreetThe Kitsap County Assessor's Office is located in Port Orchard, Washington. Port Orchard is the county seat of Kitsap County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Kitsap County Courthouse, at 614 Division Street, MS-22.
Kitsap County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Kitsap County Information
Kitsap County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kitsap County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kitsap County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kitsap County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kitsap County.
- The Kitsap County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kitsap County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kitsap County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kitsap County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kitsap County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 360-337-7160. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Kitsap County assessor's office at 360-337-4874. Please call the assessor's office in Port Orchard before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kitsap County Courthouse at 360-337-7146.