Cowlitz County, Washington - Assessor's Office
The Cowlitz County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cowlitz County, Washington. You can contact the Cowlitz County Assessor for:
- Checking the Cowlitz County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
207 4Th Ave NThe Cowlitz County Assessor's Office is located in the County Administration Building in Kelso, Washington. Kelso is the county seat of Cowlitz County, where most local government offices are located.
Cowlitz County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Cowlitz County Information
Cowlitz County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cowlitz County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cowlitz County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cowlitz County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cowlitz County.
- The Cowlitz County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cowlitz County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cowlitz County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cowlitz County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cowlitz County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 360-577-3010. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Cowlitz County assessor's office at 360-442-7080. Please call the assessor's office in Kelso before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cowlitz County Administration Building at 360-577-3020.