Clallam County, Washington - Assessor's Office
The Clallam County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Clallam County, Washington. You can contact the Clallam County Assessor for:
- Checking the Clallam County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
223 E 4Th StThe Clallam County Assessor's Office is located in Port Angeles, Washington. Port Angeles is the county seat of Clallam County, where most local government offices are located.
Clallam County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Clallam County Information
Clallam County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Clallam County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Clallam County Tax Appraiser.
- The Clallam County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Clallam County.
- The Clallam County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Clallam County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Clallam County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Clallam County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Clallam County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 360-417-2400. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Port Angeles before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Clallam County Courthouse at 360-417-2233.