Surry County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Surry County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Surry County, Virginia. You can contact the Surry County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Surry County property tax due date
PO BOX 65The Surry County Assessor's Office is located in the Surry County Government Center in Surry, Virginia. Surry is the county seat of Surry County, where most local government offices are located.
Surry County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Surry County Information
Surry County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Surry County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Surry County Tax Appraiser.
- The Surry County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Surry County.
- The Surry County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Surry County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Surry County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Surry County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Surry County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 757-294-5225. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Surry County assessor's office at 757-294-5228. Please call the assessor's office in Surry before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Surry County Courthouse at 757-294-5271.