Shenandoah County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Shenandoah County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Shenandoah County, Virginia. You can contact the Shenandoah County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Shenandoah County property tax due date
600 N. Main Street, Suite 102The Shenandoah County Assessor's Office is located in Woodstock, Virginia. Woodstock is the county seat of Shenandoah County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Shenandoah County Courthouse, at 600 North Main Street, Suite 104.
Shenandoah County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Shenandoah County Information
Shenandoah County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Shenandoah County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Shenandoah County Tax Appraiser.
- The Shenandoah County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Shenandoah County.
- The Shenandoah County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Shenandoah County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Shenandoah County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Shenandoah County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Shenandoah County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 540-459-6170. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Shenandoah County assessor's office at 540-459-6173. Please call the assessor's office in Woodstock before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Shenandoah County Courthouse at 540-459-6195.