Rockingham County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Rockingham County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Rockingham County, Virginia. You can contact the Rockingham County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Rockingham County property tax due date
P.O. Box 1252The Rockingham County Assessor's Office is located in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Harrisonburg is the county seat of Rockingham County, where most local government offices are located.
Rockingham County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Rockingham County Information
Rockingham County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Rockingham County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Rockingham County Tax Appraiser.
- The Rockingham County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Rockingham County.
- The Rockingham County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Rockingham County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Rockingham County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Rockingham County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Rockingham County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 540-564-3067. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Harrisonburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Rockingham County Courthouse at 540-564-3000.