Roanoke County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Roanoke County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Roanoke County, Virginia. You can contact the Roanoke County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Roanoke County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 29800The Roanoke County Assessor's Office is located in Roanoke, Virginia. Roanoke is the county seat of Roanoke County, where most local government offices are located.
Roanoke County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Roanoke County Information
Roanoke County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Roanoke County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Roanoke County Tax Appraiser.
- The Roanoke County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Roanoke County.
- The Roanoke County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Roanoke County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Roanoke County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Roanoke County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Roanoke County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 540-772-2035. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Roanoke County assessor's office at 540-776-7129. Please call the assessor's office in Roanoke before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Roanoke County Courthouse at 540-772-2006.