Prince William County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Prince William County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Prince William County, Virginia. You can contact the Prince William County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Prince William County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
4380 Ridgewood Center DrThe Prince William County Assessor's Office is located in Prince William, Virginia. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Prince William County government, at 4379 Ridgewood Center Drive, Suite 203.
Prince William County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Prince William County Information
Prince William County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Prince William County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Prince William County Tax Appraiser.
- The Prince William County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Prince William County.
- The Prince William County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Prince William County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Prince William County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Prince William County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Prince William County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 703-792-6780. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Prince William before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Prince William County government at 703-792-6000.