Prince George County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Prince George County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Prince George County, Virginia. You can contact the Prince George County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Prince George County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 68The Prince George County Assessor's Office is located in Prince George, Virginia. Prince George is the county seat of Prince George County, where most local government offices are located.
Prince George County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Prince George County Information
Prince George County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Prince George County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Prince George County Tax Appraiser.
- The Prince George County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Prince George County.
- The Prince George County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Prince George County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Prince George County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Prince George County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Prince George County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 804-722-8629. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Prince George County assessor's office at 804-732-3977. Please call the assessor's office in Prince George before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Prince George County Courthouse at 804-722-8600.