Northampton County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Northampton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Northampton County, Virginia. You can contact the Northampton County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Northampton County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
PO BOX 66The Northampton County Assessor's Office is located in Eastville, Virginia. Eastville is the county seat of Northampton County, where most local government offices are located.
Northampton County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Northampton County Information
Northampton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Northampton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Northampton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Northampton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Northampton County.
- The Northampton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Northampton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Northampton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Northampton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Northampton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 757-678-0446. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Eastville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Northampton County Courthouse at 757-678-0440.