Middlesex County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Middlesex County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Middlesex County, Virginia. You can contact the Middlesex County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Middlesex County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
PO BOX 428The Middlesex County Assessor's Office is located in the Woodward Building, First Floor in Saluda, Virginia. Saluda is the county seat of Middlesex County, where most local government offices are located.
Middlesex County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Middlesex County Information
Middlesex County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Middlesex County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Middlesex County Tax Appraiser.
- The Middlesex County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Middlesex County.
- The Middlesex County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Middlesex County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Middlesex County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Middlesex County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Middlesex County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 804-758-5331. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Middlesex County assessor's office at 804-758-3052. Please call the assessor's office in Saluda before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Middlesex County Courthouse at 804-758-4330.