Mecklenburg County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Mecklenburg County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Mecklenburg County, Virginia. You can contact the Mecklenburg County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Mecklenburg County property tax due date
PO BOX 307The Mecklenburg County Assessor's Office is located in Boydton, Virginia. Boydton is the county seat of Mecklenburg County, where most local government offices are located.
Mecklenburg County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Mecklenburg County Information
Mecklenburg County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Mecklenburg County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Mecklenburg County Tax Appraiser.
- The Mecklenburg County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Mecklenburg County.
- The Mecklenburg County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Mecklenburg County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Mecklenburg County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Mecklenburg County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Mecklenburg County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 434-738-6191. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Mecklenburg County assessor's office at 434-738-0751. Please call the assessor's office in Boydton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mecklenburg County Courthouse at 434-738-6191.