Mathews County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Mathews County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Mathews County, Virginia. You can contact the Mathews County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Mathews County property tax due date
P.O. Box 839The Mathews County Assessor's Office is located in Mathews, Virginia. Mathews is the county seat of Mathews County, where most local government offices are located.
Mathews County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Mathews County Information
Mathews County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Mathews County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Mathews County Tax Appraiser.
- The Mathews County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Mathews County.
- The Mathews County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Mathews County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Mathews County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Mathews County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Mathews County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 804-725-7168. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Mathews County assessor's office at 804-725-7603. Please call the assessor's office in Mathews before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mathews County Courthouse at 804-725-7172.