Lunenburg County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Lunenburg County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lunenburg County, Virginia. You can contact the Lunenburg County Assessor for:
- Checking the Lunenburg County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
11413 Courthouse RoadThe Lunenburg County Assessor's Office is located in Lunenburg, Virginia. Lunenburg is the county seat of Lunenburg County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Lunenburg County Courthouse, at 11512 Courthouse Road, Suite 101.
Lunenburg County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lunenburg County Information
Lunenburg County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lunenburg County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lunenburg County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lunenburg County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lunenburg County.
- The Lunenburg County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lunenburg County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lunenburg County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lunenburg County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lunenburg County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 434-696-2516. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lunenburg County assessor's office at 434-696-4023. Please call the assessor's office in Lunenburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lunenburg County Courthouse at 434-696-2142.