Louisa County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Louisa County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Louisa County, Virginia. You can contact the Louisa County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Louisa County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
P.O. Box 160The Louisa County Assessor's Office is located in Louisa, Virginia. Louisa is the county seat of Louisa County, where most local government offices are located.
Louisa County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Louisa County Information
Louisa County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Louisa County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Louisa County Tax Appraiser.
- The Louisa County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Louisa County.
- The Louisa County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Louisa County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Louisa County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Louisa County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Louisa County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 540-967-3432. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Louisa County assessor's office at 540-967-3481. Please call the assessor's office in Louisa before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Louisa County Courthouse at 540-967-0401.