Loudoun County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Loudoun County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Loudoun County, Virginia. You can contact the Loudoun County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Loudoun County property tax due date
P.O. Box 7000The Loudoun County Assessor's Office is located in Leesburg, Virginia. Leesburg is the county seat of Loudoun County, where most local government offices are located.
Loudoun County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Loudoun County Information
Loudoun County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Loudoun County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Loudoun County Tax Appraiser.
- The Loudoun County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Loudoun County.
- The Loudoun County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Loudoun County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Loudoun County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Loudoun County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Loudoun County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 703-777-0267. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Leesburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Loudoun County government at 703-777-0100.