King William County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The King William County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in King William County, Virginia. You can contact the King William County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the King William County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 215The King William County Assessor's Office is located in King William, Virginia. King William is the county seat of King William County, where most local government offices are located.
King William County Assessor Contact Information
Additional King William County Information
King William County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the King William County Tax Assessor may also serve as the King William County Tax Appraiser.
- The King William County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in King William County.
- The King William County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The King William County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in King William County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting King William County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the King William County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 804-769-4942. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the King William County assessor's office at 804-769-4902. Please call the assessor's office in King William before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the King William County Courthouse at 804-769-4927.