King George County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The King George County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in King George County, Virginia. You can contact the King George County Assessor for:
- Checking the King George County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
10459 Courthouse Drive, Suite 200The King George County Assessor's Office is located in King George, Virginia. King George is the county seat of King George County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the King George County Administration Building, at 10459 Courthouse Drive, Suite 101.
King George County Assessor Contact Information
Additional King George County Information
King George County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the King George County Tax Assessor may also serve as the King George County Tax Appraiser.
- The King George County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in King George County.
- The King George County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The King George County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in King George County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting King George County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the King George County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 540-775-4664. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the King George County assessor's office at 540-775-5062. Please call the assessor's office in King George before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the King George County Administration Building at 540-775-9181.