Halifax County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Halifax County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Halifax County, Virginia. You can contact the Halifax County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Halifax County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 699The Halifax County Assessor's Office is located in Hali, Virginia.
Halifax County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Halifax County Information
Halifax County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Halifax County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Halifax County Tax Appraiser.
- The Halifax County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Halifax County.
- The Halifax County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Halifax County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Halifax County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Halifax County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Halifax County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 434-476-3314. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Halifax County assessor's office at 434-476-3325. Please call the assessor's office in Hali before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Halifax County government at 434-476-3300.