Greensville County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Greensville County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Greensville County, Virginia. You can contact the Greensville County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Greensville County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
1750 East Atlantic StreetThe Greensville County Assessor's Office is located in Emporia, Virginia. Emporia is the county seat of Greensville County, where most local government offices are located.
Greensville County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Greensville County Information
Greensville County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Greensville County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Greensville County Tax Appraiser.
- The Greensville County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Greensville County.
- The Greensville County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Greensville County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Greensville County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Greensville County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Greensville County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 434-348-4227. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Greensville County assessor's office at 434-348-3189. Please call the assessor's office in Emporia before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Greensville County Courthouse at 434-348-4205.