Gloucester County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Gloucester County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Gloucester County, Virginia. You can contact the Gloucester County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Gloucester County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
6467 Main StreetThe Gloucester County Assessor's Office is located in Gloucester, Virginia. Gloucester is the county seat of Gloucester County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Gloucester County Courthouse, at 6489 Main Street, Suite 126.
Gloucester County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Gloucester County Information
Gloucester County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Gloucester County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Gloucester County Tax Appraiser.
- The Gloucester County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Gloucester County.
- The Gloucester County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Gloucester County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Gloucester County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Gloucester County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Gloucester County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 804-693-3087. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Gloucester before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Gloucester County Courthouse at 804-693-4042.