Frederick County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Frederick County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Frederick County, Virginia. You can contact the Frederick County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Frederick County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
107 N. Kent StreetThe Frederick County Assessor's Office is located in Winchester, Virginia. Winchester is the county seat of Frederick County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Frederick County Courthouse, at 107 North Kent Street.
Frederick County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Frederick County Information
Frederick County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Frederick County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Frederick County Tax Appraiser.
- The Frederick County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Frederick County.
- The Frederick County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Frederick County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Frederick County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Frederick County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Frederick County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 540-665-5681. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Frederick County assessor's office at 540-667-6487. Please call the assessor's office in Winchester before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Frederick County Courthouse at 540-665-5600.