Fauquier County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Fauquier County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Fauquier County, Virginia. You can contact the Fauquier County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Fauquier County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
10 Hotel StThe Fauquier County Assessor's Office is located in Warrenton, Virginia. Warrenton is the county seat of Fauquier County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Ste 204, at 10 Hotel Street.
Fauquier County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Fauquier County Information
Fauquier County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Fauquier County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Fauquier County Tax Appraiser.
- The Fauquier County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Fauquier County.
- The Fauquier County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Fauquier County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Fauquier County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Fauquier County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Fauquier County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 540-347-8622. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Fauquier County assessor's office at 540-341-3647. Please call the assessor's office in Warrenton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ste 204 at 540-422-8001.