Fairfax County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Fairfax County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Fairfax County, Virginia. You can contact the Fairfax County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Fairfax County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
12000 Government Center PkwyThe Fairfax County Assessor's Office is located in Fair, Virginia. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Fairfax County Government Center, at 12000 Government Center Parkway.
Fairfax County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Fairfax County Information
Fairfax County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Fairfax County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Fairfax County Tax Appraiser.
- The Fairfax County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Fairfax County.
- The Fairfax County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Fairfax County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Fairfax County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Fairfax County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Fairfax County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 703-222-8234. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Fair before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Fairfax County Government Center at 703-324-2531.