Craig County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Craig County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Craig County, Virginia. You can contact the Craig County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Craig County property tax due date
PO BOX 308The Craig County Assessor's Office is located in New Castle, Virginia. New Castle is the county seat of Craig County, where most local government offices are located.
Craig County Assessor Contact Information
Craig County Assessor Address
Craig County Commissioner of the Revenue
303 Main Street
New Castle, VA 24127
Craig County Assessor Phone Number
Craig County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Craig County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Craig County Tax Appraiser.
- The Craig County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Craig County.
- The Craig County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Craig County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Craig County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Craig County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Craig County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 540-864-6241. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Craig County assessor's office at 540-864-7229. Please call the assessor's office in New Castle before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Craig County Courthouse at 540-864-5010.
Find the tax assessor for a different Virginia county
Find property records for Craig County
The median property tax in Craig County, Virginia is $706.00