City of Salem, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The City of Salem Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Salem, Virginia. You can contact the City of Salem Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the City of Salem property tax due date
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The City of Salem Assessor's Office is located in Salem, City of Salem County, Virginia.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
City of Salem Assessor Contact Information
Additional City of Salem Information
City of Salem Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Salem Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Salem Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Salem Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Salem.
- The City of Salem Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Salem Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Salem, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Salem about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Salem Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 540-375-3058. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Salem assessor's office at 540-375-3003. Please call the assessor's office in Salem before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352