City of Lynchburg, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The City of Lynchburg Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Lynchburg, Virginia. You can contact the City of Lynchburg Assessor for:
- Checking the City of Lynchburg property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The City of Lynchburg Assessor's Office is located in Lynchburg, City of Lynchburg County, Virginia.
City of Lynchburg Assessor Contact Information
Additional City of Lynchburg Information
City of Lynchburg Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Lynchburg Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Lynchburg Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Lynchburg Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Lynchburg.
- The City of Lynchburg Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Lynchburg Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Lynchburg, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Lynchburg about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Lynchburg Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 434-455-3830. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Lynchburg assessor's office at 434-847-1452. Please call the assessor's office in Lynchburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.