City of Galax, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The City of Galax Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Galax, Virginia. You can contact the City of Galax Assessor for:
- Checking the City of Galax property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
The City of Galax Assessor's Office is located in Galax, City of Galax County, Virginia.
City of Galax Assessor Contact Information
City of Galax Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Galax Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Galax Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Galax Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Galax.
- The City of Galax Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Galax Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Galax, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Galax about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Galax Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 276-236-2528. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Galax before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.