Buchanan County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Buchanan County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Buchanan County, Virginia. You can contact the Buchanan County Assessor for:
- Checking the Buchanan County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 950The Buchanan County Assessor's Office is located in Grundy, Virginia. Grundy is the county seat of Buchanan County, where most local government offices are located.
Buchanan County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Buchanan County Information
Buchanan County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Buchanan County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Buchanan County Tax Appraiser.
- The Buchanan County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Buchanan County.
- The Buchanan County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Buchanan County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Buchanan County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Buchanan County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Buchanan County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 276-935-6542. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Grundy before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Buchanan County Courthouse at 276-935-6501.