Arlington County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Arlington County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Arlington County, Virginia. You can contact the Arlington County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Arlington County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
2100 Clarendon Blvd.The Arlington County Assessor's Office is located in Arlington, Virginia. Arlington is the county seat of Arlington County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Arlington County Courthouse, at 2100 Clarendon Blvd, Suite 611.
Arlington County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Arlington County Information
Arlington County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Arlington County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Arlington County Tax Appraiser.
- The Arlington County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Arlington County.
- The Arlington County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Arlington County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Arlington County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Arlington County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Arlington County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 703-228-3920. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Arlington before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Arlington County Courthouse at 703-228-3120.