Appomattox County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Appomattox County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Appomattox County, Virginia. You can contact the Appomattox County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Appomattox County property tax due date
PO BOX 863The Appomattox County Assessor's Office is located in Appomattox, Virginia. Appomattox is the county seat of Appomattox County, where most local government offices are located.
Appomattox County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Appomattox County Information
Appomattox County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Appomattox County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Appomattox County Tax Appraiser.
- The Appomattox County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Appomattox County.
- The Appomattox County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Appomattox County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Appomattox County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Appomattox County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Appomattox County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 434-352-7450. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Appomattox County assessor's office at 434-352-0080. Please call the assessor's office in Appomattox before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Appomattox County Courthouse at 434-352-2637.