Amelia County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Amelia County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Amelia County, Virginia. You can contact the Amelia County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Amelia County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX AThe Amelia County Assessor's Office is located in Amelia, Virginia.
Amelia County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Amelia County Information
Amelia County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Amelia County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Amelia County Tax Appraiser.
- The Amelia County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Amelia County.
- The Amelia County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Amelia County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Amelia County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Amelia County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Amelia County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 804-561-2158. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Amelia County assessor's office at 804-561-6472. Please call the assessor's office in Amelia before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Amelia County Courthouse at 804-561-3039.