Accomack County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Accomack County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Accomack County, Virginia. You can contact the Accomack County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Accomack County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Accomack County Assessor's Office is located in Accomack, Virginia.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Accomack County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Accomack County Information
Accomack County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Accomack County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Accomack County Tax Appraiser.
- The Accomack County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Accomack County.
- The Accomack County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Accomack County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Accomack County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Accomack County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Accomack County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 757-787-5729. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Accomack County assessor's office at 757-789-3350. Please call the assessor's office in Accomack before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352