Town of Manchester, Vermont - Assessor's Office
The Town of Manchester Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Manchester, Vermont. You can contact the Town of Manchester Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Town of Manchester property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
207 South StreetThe Town of Manchester Assessor's Office is located in the Manchester Town Hall in Manchester Center, Bennington County, Vermont.
Town of Manchester Assessor Contact Information
Town of Manchester Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Manchester Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Manchester Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Manchester Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Manchester.
- The Town of Manchester Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Manchester Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Manchester, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Manchester about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Manchester Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 802-362-1313. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Manchester assessor's office at 802-362-1314. Please call the assessor's office in Manchester Center before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Town Of Manchester Courthouse at 802-442-8528.